Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Visual Analysis FINAL

In this final revised draft, I have changed some of the major tenets of my argument regarding this Coca-Cola advertisement. Originally, I had argued that the ad inspires negative emotions and leads the viewer through an emotional cycle to then, ultimately, inspire the viewer to buy Coca-Cola. Now, I have removed most of the arguments regarding the negative emotions, since this was a bit of a stretch. Rather, the analysis focuses on Coca-Cola's ability to provide the highest form of relief in situations of discomfort. Essentially, I tried to improve this draft by focusing on the clearest elements seen in the ad, instead of inferring other levels that may not be there for most viewers. The final revised draft can be viewed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment