Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Written Pathetic Appeal (Rough Draft)

In my written pathetic, I describe the dynamics that face students with psychological disabilities, especially with their professors (they are the intended audience). I make the argument that these students struggle immensely as it is to succeed but even more so since professors frequently are unwilling to help them or give them the accommodations they deserve. I try to use enargeia to describe the struggle of the disabled student, to invoke mercy, and then turn this to produce indignation by using analogies, metaphors and describing the struggle these students face and the part professors play in it. My goal is for professors to consider the needs of their students more than they do currently on the basis of human decency. For more, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment